Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December 21st, 2015- Bay City Michigan

Hola! So first off, apparently I am going to become fluent in Spanish and English because everyone here speaks both languages. Who woulda thought?! We even learned how to make tamales! This week has been so good! On Tuesday our district all said our goodbyes and then Wednesday morning we all got up to see each other leave. Then Wednesday we flew to Michigan! But we didn't just fly. We rode a bus to the train, and then train to traxx, to airport to airport to bus and then FINALLY the mission home. I think it ended up being like 13 hours but so fun at the same time. Then on Thursday I got to come to my first area!! I'll be here for at least 3 months so super exciting. Right now I'm in Bay area and my address is....

Sister Sydney Sheppard
1893 Central Villa Ct.
Essexville, MI 48732

Letters/Packages are always appreciated:) Anyways... My comp right now is Sister Viehweg! She's from Idaho and is absolutely fantastic. Also My OTHER comp is Sister Chatman. We're a trio:):) She'll only be with us until the 30th and then she goes home:( It's been so much fun having them both here though! Every night since I've gotten here we've been fed by the members. It's so fun! I've only been here for 6 days and I feel like I already know majority of the branch pretty well! We've also been teaching this little 8 year old boy Alajwuan and his older sister Brandy who is 15. They have such an incredibly hard life. It's so heartbreaking! But it has been so much fun watching how their lives and attitudes towards life has changed as they have been being taught more and more about the gospel. Time is seriously flying here! I am so glad that I made the decision to come on a mission! I can't even imagine what I would be doing right now if I hadn't. I love you all and I know the gospel is true! Have a FANTASTIC week!
 Love ya! Sister Sheppard


No comments:

Post a Comment